2011/02/07

Origami Yoda

Last year I bought a book called The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger and wrote a short blog post about it. I checked the website recently and found a short blurb about a school right here in Minnesota that used the book in their curriculum! They also did a project that takes the place of a book report, allowing the students to reflect on the story.

I also think this is an appropriate time to mention that the sequel has been announced, along with some new folding instructions! It will be titled Origami Yoda II: Darth Paper Strikes Back. I'm not sure what to expect, but it should be pretty good if the first book is any indication. I haven't read any excerpts, but there is a chance to get a copy of the book before it is published. Angleberger is hosting a photo contest. To enter you must fold a Darth Paper from the instructions provided on his site and then take a photo of the guy out and about in the world or in some sort of scene, then send it to him via email. 
For more details, you can go here.

Darth Paper, designed by Tom Angleberger, folded by me. 
I'll have to find a more interesting background before entering the contest....

1 comment: